Sharaf-Eldin Shehada, MB, BCh., MD
Department of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, West German Heart and Vascular Centre Essen, University Hospital Duisburg-Essen, Hufelandstraße, Essen, Germany.
Dr. Sharaf-Eldin Shehada is a 36-year old cardiac surgeon from Germany, however, he originates from Palestine/Egypt. In 2008, he has finished his medical degree (M.B., B.Ch.) in Cairo University in Egypt. Thereafter, he has done his cardiac surgery training in three different universities: Cairo university for two years between 2009 and 2010, then in the German Heart Center Munich, Technical University Munich in Germany for five years between 2011 and 2015 where he finished his medical doctoral degree (MD.) in March 2015, and finally in the West German Heart and Vascular Center Essen, University Essen-Duisburg in Germany for more two years between 2016 and 2018. Since 2018, Dr. Shehada works as a cardiac surgeon in the department of cardiovascular surgery in University Hospital Essen. Academically, he is a lecturer of cardiac surgery in the same university since 2016, where he also applies for my PhD degree to obtain my associate professor qualification in the same field.
Dr. Shehada’s surgical and research domains are:
1. Minimal invasive aortic & mitral valve surgeries (Replacement/ Repair)
2. Transcatheter aortic & mitral valve replacement (TAVR/ TMVR)
3. Total arterial revascularization coronary artery bypass surgery (TAR)
4. End-stage coronary artery disease and coronary endarterectomy (CEA)
5. Endoscopic graft harvesting radial artery/ saphenous vein harvesting (ERH/ EVH)
Terms of Appointment: Dec 2019 – Nov 2021